Every day you put together your to-do list. You will attend meetings, and presentations, and perform large and small tasks. But do you understand how all your hard work contributes to the overall picture? Do you understand what people in other teams do? Have you seen the final version of the project you worked so hard on?
Silos have become a bad word in the business world – and for good reason. Disconnected communication and different systems prevent groups from coming together and discovering new ideas. Marketing, sales, product development, and other functions work independently on their own projects. They seldom talk, which increases their chances of working on too many tasks, responding to old goals, and completing projects later. Many deep cultural problems plague many companies: Fortune 500 companies lose about $ 31.5 billion a year by not sharing knowledge. This lack of communication about functions not only costs money but hinders the transparency and coordination needed to create agile and new businesses.
Some companies have tried to break down barriers between business units by adopting group models – where people from different groups and senior levels come together to focus on specific projects (some organizations even integrate teams across companies). Teamwork helps improve communication because it brings together people with different skills and abilities to meet specific goals. The end result is better idea generation and problem-solving. But companies that have adopted this new approach are trying to break free from their old ways.
Although 65% of organizations do some interfacial work, most of their day-to-day work, according to Deloitte research, takes place within functional boundaries. Only 53% of companies that hire multifunctional teamwork have seen significant performance improvements. But what about the other 47% of companies? Why does he see little or no improvement in results? Probably because 75% of the interfaces do not work in at least three of the five categories: meet the planned budget, meet the schedule, track details, meet customer expectations, and continue to meet the company’s goals, Harvard Business said. Assessment.
If you look between the four walls of your business, you can run unconnected processes and poor communication. Your management can invest in new technology tools designed to eliminate forces – but unless you make major changes to the way your teams work, you won’t experience greater efficiency, productivity, and innovation.
Sign up to monday.com South Africa – Activation or Trial Link and track time with monday.com South Africa.
Interested in uncovering CRM with monday.com then hit the link below and start your monday.com journey, partnering with Syscor all the way.
Book a call for monday.com Pro Services in South Africa and Africa
Once you have an active account Syscor can assist with a full consulting and professional services stack, including:
- Process design
- Workflow design
- Workspace builds
- Board builds
- App integration
Syscor is a sales, installation, and support partner to monday.com, having completed many successful projects on monday.com. Thus making us very experienced. Syscor has clients that range from Tanzanian Banks to small manufacturing businesses in South Africa, for instance. Our reach is completely continental.
Syscor’s Consulting team are all qualified to deliver a full installation and support offering, meaning we offer turn-key services. We will gladly share any referrals, in order to give you peace of mind. So you can embark on your monday.com journey, with confidence.
For more information check out our social pages