Workflow management: The key to productivity
Everything we do, whether it’s at the office or at home, forms part of a sequence. Steps are followed to get things done. You start by doing one thing and progressing to the next until finally, the task is complete.
This is described as a workflow. The series of steps or actions needed to make things happen. And while it can form part of your daily routine, it is also critical to the success of every business and needs to be properly managed.
Examples of workflows include:
- HR: Hiring a new team member, giving them a handbook, providing training, testing their knowledge and monitoring their ongoing progress.
- Creative processes: Brainstorming, developing an outline, creating the first draft, receiving edits, reviewing and publishing.
Questions your workflow needs to address
To ensure that your workflow is functioning properly, it needs to meet certain criteria and answer four important questions.
- What must be done?
- Who needs to complete the task?
- What is the deadline?
- How will it be done?
Your workflow can be represented in several different ways that can range from basic lists and timelines to Gannt charts and Kanban boards. With so many options available, a system to manage it all becomes important. This will help to centralize everything, make it easier to manage and ensure that everyone is on the same page at all times. Enter Monday.com.
How Monday.com delivers as a workflow management system
Know that you’re armed with the knowledge of what a workflow system is and the importance of proper management, it’s time to look at how Monday.com can help make your team more effective and efficient.
Monday.com offers a central location to manage all the things related to your business processes and ongoing tasks – or more simply put, your workflow.
Must-have elements of your workflow management tool include:
- Automation: This saves your business time and money while freeing up your team’s time to focus on more important tasks
- Collaboration: Your team needs to be able to communicate and collaborate with one another, regardless of where they may be. This includes chat functionality as well as tagging and comments.
- Flexible: Cloud-based technology makes it easier to work from any location and still align with what the rest of the team is up to. Whatever you need to know about your project is merely a click away.
- Multiple views: With so much data available, being able to make sense of it is important. However, not everyone likes the same view, which is why Monday.com offers several different ways to visualise business data.
Isn’t it time you discover the power of a workflow management system?
Sign up to monday.com South Africa – Activation or Trial Link and track time with monday.com South Africa.
Interested in uncovering CRM with monday.com then hit the link below and start your monday.com journey, partnering with Syscor all the way.
Book a call for monday.com Pro Services in South Africa and Africa
Once you have an active account Syscor can assist with a full consulting and professional services stack, including:
- Process design
- Workflow design
- Workspace builds
- Board builds
- App integration
Syscor is a sales, installation, and support partner to monday.com, having completed many successful projects on monday.com. Thus making us very experienced. Syscor has clients that range from Tanzanian Banks to small manufacturing businesses in South Africa, for instance. Our reach is completely continental.
Syscor’s Consulting team are all qualified to deliver a full installation and support offering, meaning we offer turn-key services. We will gladly share any referrals, in order to give you peace of mind. So you can embark on your monday.com journey, with confidence.
For more information check out our social pages