Workload management tools in a nutshell
We could all use more hours in the day to get things done. So what if we told you that we could save you three hours a week? And more importantly, what if we said that you could save 3 hours per week per employee?
Unpacking workload management
Within any business and team, there’s a good chance that work needs to be distributed and delegated. And within this team, there are certain individuals with skills in areas that others may be lacking – in addition to the different interests of each team member.
Workload management seeks to understand what each person’s strengths are and align their tasks accordingly. In addition to this, it also helps managers keep track of projects and tasks to ensure that deadlines are met. Even task distribution ensures balance and promotes harmony in the workspace.
“Normal” scheduling methods can be difficult to keep track of and are not as flexible, leaving teams feeling overwhelmed and overworked. Workload management tools improve transparency, improve productivity and foster a collaborative work environment. This means that employees are happier and work gets completed more effectively.
Managers are also able to quickly pick up who is working overtime and who is sitting around doing nothing and reassign tasks accordingly to help keep things running smoothly.
Using Monday.com to manage your workload
Monday.com has a dedicated Workload View which enables managers to see how work is being divided, upcoming tasks and alleviate any discrepancies with regards to task distribution.
You can view things daily, weekly and monthly to manage your team’s workload more efficiently. It’s a really handy tool to have.
Tips for managing your team’s workload
- Choose a workload management tool that’s able to accommodate your team and the operating processes that exist within the space. Features worth looking out for include access to multiple views, automation, resource allocation, app syncing and integrations ad time tracking.
- Prioritise your tasks, and break them into smaller, more manageable pieces if possible. You need to know what’s on your to-do list as well as which tasks are urgent and plan accordingly.
- Understand your team and available resources to ensure that they all align with the task at hand. Without the right resources on the job, you run the risk of experiencing delays and missing deadlines.
- Consider the bigger picture and how everyone forms a part of it. This means looking at current and future schedules to plan your team’s activities.
- Be flexible and adaptable, things change and it shouldn’t be the end of the world. Delays may arise, but with the right tools, you can address them quickly to prevent them from becoming long term problems,
If you’re looking to save time and help increase productivity, investing in a workload management tool should be a priority.
Sign up to monday.com South Africa – Activation or Trial Link and track time with monday.com South Africa.
Interested in uncovering CRM with monday.com then hit the link below and start your monday.com journey, partnering with Syscor all the way.
Book a call for monday.com Pro Services in South Africa and Africa
Once you have an active account Syscor can assist with a full consulting and professional services stack, including:
- Process design
- Workflow design
- Workspace builds
- Board builds
- App integration
Syscor is a sales, installation, and support partner to monday.com, having completed many successful projects on monday.com. Thus making us very experienced. Syscor has clients that range from Tanzanian Banks to small manufacturing businesses in South Africa, for instance. Our reach is completely continental.
Syscor’s Consulting team are all qualified to deliver a full installation and support offering, meaning we offer turn-key services. We will gladly share any referrals, in order to give you peace of mind. So you can embark on your monday.com journey, with confidence.
For more information check out our social pages