Work OS benefits for small businesses
In the previous two years, companies of all sizes have been affected in approaches that go beyond their finances. For example, the shift to remote work and the demands of consumers.
Small groups must be initiative-taking in finding and creating options for a greater sustainable, engaging, and obvious business model. This will allow them to take care of their personnel and customers while knocking out projects, initiatives, and long-term goals.
A Work OS provides small companies with easy-to-implement, custom workflows that foster data-driven decisions. In this article, we’ll discuss the basics of a Work OS and most importantly, how it can alternate the way a small business operates.
What is a Work OS?
A Work Operating System (Work OS) is an open platform where teams create and personalize the options they want to execute faster, be more agile, and go at the pace of business. Work OS systems are designed to stand the test of time. This is done by growing with an organization and adapting to any industry or team.
monday.com’s Work OS makes it viable for everybody to create the equipment they need to run every component of their work. It can include everything from everyday work to projects that span months. By combining blocks, like apps and integrations, team participants have the electricity to build options that work for them.
What does a Work OS do?
The purpose of a Work OS is to give a business the flexibility to empower staff and release their potential—while saving time. A Work OS goes past a venture administration device or challenge management software program via imparting the skill to:
- Create workflows.
- Assign project owners.
- Visualize work in a range of views i.e., Gantt Chart, Kanban View, Timeline View, and more.
- Import and export archives and data.
- Implement workflow automation for mundane and repetitive tasks.
- Bring group verbal exchange in one place.
- Generate glossy dashboards and reports.
- Integrate with your most crucial tools.
In addition to increasing productiveness because of the above, monday.com’s Work OS provides enterprise-grade security, multi-level permissions. This allows for improved asynchronous collaboration, and superior reporting. Our teams are continuously growing new elements to enhance the way you get your work done.
Adopting a Work OS can enhance the way small corporations and firms alike run their work. This is due to the fact it creates a 360-degree view of workloads, resources, and data wanted to analyse their growth and success in real-time.
Why is a Work OS necessary for small businesses?
A small enterprise juggles various features from operations and finance to marketing. monday.com’s low-code Apps Framework allows small organizations to create customized apps. This allows them to take advantage of apps available instead of looking for substitutes or more expensive tools. Here are just a few use instances for a Work OS for small businesses:
- Non-profit volunteer management
- Event planning
- Web store
- Content creation
To continue to be aggressive and applicable for their goal consumers, many small businesses are evolving in two primary areas, discussed below.
Small companies normally have smaller, close-knit teams; however, this doesn’t continually suggest that the spirit of a collaborative culture is in place.
For many small businesses, this is easier said than done. Implementing a Work OS can assist a small commercial enterprise to carry this subculture to exist in two ways:
- Champion transparency: A Work OS offers all and sundry get admission to the organization’s larger goals, who is responsible for what, and even the quantity of time or sources required. The greater aligned your team is on their man or woman desires and how it relates to the grander objectives of the business, the better their morale and investment—and with a bit of luck productivity—will be.
- Increase in-context communication: monday.com’s Work OS lets you supply instantaneous remarks in a thread for each object in a workflow. This reduces time wasted on disorganized e-mail and chat threads and makes certain remarks is usually in the context of specific projects.
Increased responsibility in the workplace
Within just two months of the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses could see and experience the trade at work beyond shifting to remote. Many humans observed themselves stepping into expanded responsibility at work or modifications in their roles. A Work OS can assist smooth some of the ripples in this transition in a couple of ways:
- Team management: With more than a few participants sporting numerous hats, it’s important to have a way to understand everyone’s workload and ability to avoid burnout. monday.com has a Workload view for that purpose and more.
- Shift from execution to empowerment: The ease of a low-code/no-code, drag and drop Work OS can assist empower these employees to not only manage their own time but allow them to visualize a space that allows them to work better.
Are there any challenges to implementing a Work OS?
When small business owners first search for a Work OS, they might be amazed by the variety of alternatives out there. However, what comes after the signup and subscription—implementation—can cause a few hiccups if you don’t pick out the right platform.
You want a platform that can be personalized to fit your small business. Learning a new tool takes time, so selecting one with an easy-to-use interface is essential.
monday.com is the perfect surroundings for convenient implementation and flexibility. All of this is designed to assist as your strategy or business direction and size change. monday.com also has a Template center and 24/7 support to assist you every step of the way.
Key functionalities for a Work OS
As a section of the HR features of your business. This includes managing things like payroll, time tracking, and more can get scattered fast. You can use automations to help with a variety of these kinds of tasks, such as processing worker paperwork.
For example, when an employee submits a new holiday request and it comes to a supervisor for review. You can automatically send an email notifying the employee that the request was obtained with an explanation of the next steps.
Marketing and sales administration go hand in hand with the success or evolution of your small business. A Work OS should have a sturdy offering of templates. This will allow you to emerge as an owner and executor of all your workflows and then convert them into dashboards and reports. The bonus? You can get started fast with tried-and-true templates.
Surveys and forms
As a small enterprise owner, you know how imperative a deep understanding of your customers is to your success. Look for a Work OS like monday.com that lets you create surveys and varieties whose solutions will robotically populate your workspace or board. From there, you can reap insight into your customer’s opinions and motivations and make accurate, data-driven conclusions about your strategy.
3 small business problems: solved
Small companies are unique in a wide variety of ways, from their dimension to their product, and how they tend to engage with consumers. We’ve compiled three issues your small commercial enterprise may be facing, and how a Work OS can assist you to thrive despite them.
Problem #1: Remote Work
If any of your personnel have shifted from in-office colleagues to remote or hybrid teammates, adjustments need to be made.
How a Work OS can help:
A Work OS is ideal for your business’ remote team of workers because you can use it to manage work schedules, ship necessary updates, and collaborate on work all in one intuitive platform with a cellular app.
Problem #2: Money and buying is going digital
The phrase “Cash is king” seems to be going out of style, especially when it comes to business. According to Finaria.it, digital payments will reach $6.6 trillion in 2021, which is a 40% leap in simply two years.
Cashless payments are appealing to clients due to the fact of easy-to-use techniques in addition to COVID-19’s effect—people are embracing contactless repayments as a section of their private safety measures. This too is a nod to the upward thrust of e-commerce in general. The most aggressive organizations are making their offerings handy online to continue to relate to their customers.
How a Work OS can help:
- Making the transition from storefront to online isn’t the easiest process, particularly if your commercial enterprise has run a certain way for years.
- monday.com’s Work OS gives integrations with e-commerce structures like Shopify, which makes getting a high-level view of your shop in one location and mechanically monitoring your products, inventory, and orders a great deal smoother.
For example, with the Shopify and monday.com integration, you can get notified when an order comes in and coordinate with your team to get your merchandise shipped. From there, it’s easy to preserve tune of what needs to go to whom and make sure it gets there on time. You can additionally song stock with our premade inventory management template.
Problem #3: Time and money misplaced to inefficient and non-secure processes
Responsible and caring employers should work to create a safer and extra efficient work environment, whether it’s thoroughly faraway or in-person. Many human beings don’t make the connection that doing this can in flip positively affect your bottom line. Let’s see how a Work OS can help you do it.
How a Work OS can help:
- monday.com can help your small commercial enterprise go paperless, which will advantage the surroundings and the way your small commercial enterprise runs. Here are just a few advantages to making the switch:
- Saves money: The cost of working with paper can add up to $400,000 per year.
- Saves time: A common of 4 weeks of productivity is misplaced for a commercial enterprise every 12 months waiting on misfiled, mislabelled, untracked, or misplaced paper documents.
- Easier to transfer information: monday.com presents cloud storage so all your archives can live in one vicinity where you can search for and share them without problems when you need them.
- Allows for better security: In 2020, there were more than 1,000 breaches in the U.S. Naturally, going paperless or more digital raises the concern of hackers. You can examine greater about monday.com’s safety measures here.
Sign up to monday.com South Africa – Activation or Trial Link and track time with monday.com South Africa.
Interested in uncovering CRM with monday.com then hit the link below and start your monday.com journey, partnering with Syscor all the way.
Book a call for monday.com Pro Services in South Africa and Africa
Once you have an active account Syscor can assist with a full consulting and professional services stack, including:
- Process design
- Workflow design
- Workspace builds
- Board builds
- App integration
Syscor is a sales, installation, and support partner to monday.com, having completed many successful projects on monday.com. Thus making us very experienced. Syscor has clients that range from Tanzanian Banks to small manufacturing businesses in South Africa, for instance. Our reach is completely continental.
Syscor’s Consulting team are all qualified to deliver a full installation and support offering, meaning we offer turn-key services. We will gladly share any referrals, in order to give you peace of mind. So you can embark on your monday.com journey, with confidence.
For more information check out our social pages